If enrolling in beauty school is the next step in your career, consider Nathan Layne Institute of Cosmetology. Our close relationships with a wide network of salons, spas, and manufacturers help our students gain the skills they need. Additionally, the dedicated instructors on our beauty school campuses combine classroom learning with hands-on experiential education to help prepare students in the Chubbuck and American Falls, Idaho area for rewarding careers. Find out how to get started today.
Get to Know Us
Start your journey by exploring our programs. At Nathan Layne Institute of Cosmetology, we offer four different programs of study:
- Cosmetology program: Students gain 1,600 hours of training. We cover the history of cosmetology and theory, anatomy, chemistry of color, safety and sanitation, manicures, makeup application, waxing, and more.
- Esthetics program: Our 600-hour program can be completed in as little as four months. In addition to a foundation in skincare theory, skin analysis, anatomy, and chemistry, students will learn several specialized treatments and techniques.
- Instructor training program: This program prepares professionals to train the next generation of cosmetologists. We offer a 1,000-hour course for early-career professionals and an accelerated 500-hour course for those with more than three years of professional experience.
- Nail technology program: This 400-hour program can be completed in as little as three and a half months. Students will cover several topics, including manicuring, pedicuring, nail design, and safety and hygiene practices.
- Barbering program: Students can complete the Barber Program in less than a year while gaining 900 hours of hands-on experience. We cover chemistry of color, facial hair grooming, haircut and shaving techniques, scalp treatments, and more!
Schedule a Tour of Our Campus
Prospective students are encouraged to take a tour of Nathan Layne Institute of Cosmetology. During your visit, you’ll be able to find out more about any programs of interest. You’ll also get to meet with our talented instructors, our inspiring owners, and students currently enrolled in our programs. We’ll also provide information about any opportunities for financial aid that may be available.
Discuss Financial Aid Options
We are committed to helping students access financial aid to offset the cost of tuition. Nathan Layne Institute of Cosmetology offers financial aid to those who qualify in our cosmetology and esthetician programs. You’ll want to start by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Our school code is 016432. We also offer financial assistance for veterans. Our team can provide additional details on finding ways to invest in your future.
Follow Up with Our Admissions Department
Once you’ve learned more about our programs, explored possible financial-aid opportunities, and are ready to enroll, the next step is to schedule an appointment with our admissions department. Here’s what you’ll need to provide:
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license or birth certificate
- Applicable name change documents (marriage license or divorce decree)
- $100 application and registration fee
Receive Your Acceptance Letter
Students who’ve been accepted into a program will receive an acceptance letter in the mail. This letter details information for your orientation and the start date for your program of choice. No matter which program you choose, you’ll have the opportunity to gain essential technical and business skills for your specialty and learn alongside your peers in a supportive, engaging atmosphere. Please refer to our program schedule for more information on classes and upcoming course start dates.
Connect with Nathan Layne Institute of Cosmetology
An education from Nathan Layne Institute of Cosmetology can help take your career beyond Idaho. Serving students in the Chubbuck and American Falls, Idaho area, our staff can answer any questions you may have. We provide information on licensing requirements in all 50 states. If you’re considering transferring your license to another state in the future, we encourage you to first pass the state board exams and become licensed in Idaho. For more information on our beauty school, contact us at 208-232-9170 today.